The first well, Dukhan 1, was drilled in 1939. Development continued after World War II and in 1949 the first crude exports occurred and the first offshore concessions were granted. In 1960, the Idd Al-Shargi and Maydan Mahzam fields were discovered. The largest offshore field, Bul Hanine, was discovered in 1970 and came onstream in 1972. Qatar Petroleum was created in 1974.
Industrial City Operations (MIC)
SR. PLANNING TECHNICIAN
Primary Purpose of Job
Coordinate and control maintenance planning and procurement for the Assets of all Departments within IM (M) to ensure continued operation and maintenance of all assigned assets.
Technical Diploma in relevant discipline (or equivalent)
Experience & Skills
• 6 years relevant experience
• Good English language (oral and written)
• Proven knowledge of maintenance planning and procurement
• Communication skills
• Read and interpret manuals and drawings
• Computer literate in appropriate software.