The first well, Dukhan 1, was drilled in 1939. Development continued after World War II and in 1949 the first crude exports occurred and the first offshore concessions were granted. In 1960, the Idd Al-Shargi and Maydan Mahzam fields were discovered. The largest offshore field, Bul Hanine, was discovered in 1970 and came onstream in 1972. Qatar Petroleum was created in 1974.
Primary Purpose of Job
Function as single point responsibility holder to accomplish efficient and right time solutions for outsourcing requirements, protecting QP's interests for all assigned contracts related activities pertaining to all departments under QP Industrial Cities for internal contracts and for whole of QP for DC consolidated contracts to ensure optimum contract solution, cost effectiveness, risk mitigation and contract compliance.
Degree in Engineering (BE, BS, B Tech or equivalent - four year full time courses after 12 years of schooling)
Experience & Skills
Minimum 10 years out of which at least 5 years each in operations and 5 years in projects.
- Out of the 10 years, at least 5 years will be in Oil, Gas, Petrochemicals or hydrocarbon based industries.
- Experience in all major types of contract, agreements and direct orders.
- Knowledge: Contract law, quantity surveying, cost estimation, engineering and project scheduling. Expert knowledge to conduct risk assessment and risk mitigation. Very Good business intelligence and the ability to conduct sensitivity analysis and the capability to adopt cost effective solutions, critically analyzed the commercial implications during commercial evaluation. Sound knowledge about international business scenario, fluctuations, business indices, taxations and changes in mercantile, standards and codes as applicable.
Engineering - Excellent knowledge in operation and or projects, ability to analyze the discipline engineers' requirements based on drawings/ scopes/ schedules and capability to suggest cost effective alternate outsourcing solutions. Effective analytical, negotiation, numerical, logical, legal skills and MS office/ ERP
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential and working knowledge in Arabic is desirable.
- Certifications from professional bodies like PMI, AACEI, RICS, IE will be desirable.