Intertek is the industry leader with over 38,000 people in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. Whether your business is local or global, we can ensure your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivaled.
We have an immediate need for a NACE II or III inspector for a short term assignment. Only those in the Willmington, IL area need to apply. No telephone calls plese.
Title: Coating and Insulation Inspector
Reports to: Project QA/QC Manager / Construction manager
· Witness and monitor suppliers / contractors work activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures and etc.
· Promote quality awareness throughout the organization, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business.
· Assist review of EPCM's Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication / construction work.
· Verify the implementation of PTW (permit to work) LOTO (lock-out and tag-out) and other safety procedures.
· Ensure suppliers /contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
· Interface with the discipline engineer, construction engineer, and inspectors in a professional manner.
· Approve a work Supplier / Contractor has been by attending inspection / test or reviewing documents.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES)
· Reinforce the shell HSSE requirements to the colleges / Suppliers / Contractors.
· Oversee inspection of Coating (including Spray Metalizing and Fire Proofing) and Insulation activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
· Review original material / test certificate for compliances to codes and specifications.
· Ensure testing, measuring equipment is fully calibrated per specification and has current certification.
· Verify that equipment is preserved per the supplier's recommendation and the approved preservation procedures.
· Verify HFE requirement against specification.
· Witness / Participate material Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiency with Contractors.
· Ensure installed fire proofing is certified for fire classification.
· Monitor LOTO, PTW and other energy control procedures for compliance.
· Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection or surveillance and immediately report to Inspection Coordinator / Quality Manager if any.
· Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
· Progressively review Supplier's / contractor's quality record.
· Assist Quality audit upon request.
· Actively participate Flawless Surveillance Program.
· Attend Mechanical Completion / Pre-commissioning final walk-down and sign on behalf of Client.
· Raise punch and verify punch items as soon as work is complete.
· Issue and follow up of Non-conformity Report.
· Discuss quality trend with Quality Engineer / Inspection Coordinator and provide improvement plan if any.
· Provide resolution of on-going quality issue in consultation with discipline engineer.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
· Requires certification(s) in the relevant inspection discipline and 2 - 4 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment.
· Requires certification(s) in the relevant inspection discipline and at least 5 - 10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment.
· Requires certification(s) in the relevant inspection discipline and over 10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment .
· Requires certification(s) in one of the relevant inspection discipline(s) and over 10 years of experience applying the discipline skill to oil and gas equipment
· Obtained NACE certificate. (when it is required by code or regulation, obtain the certificate is mandatory)
· Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behavior Safety System, JSA's, act) and have competency in safety procedures.
· Have knowledge of industrial codes (NACE, SSPC. NFPA, ISO 9001 and etc).
· Able to read and understand Drawings
· Understand Project Completion System and able to use it
· Able to issue and follow up Non Conformity Report
· Able to review and approve EPC's Quality Plan
· Able to provide oversight, mentorship and supervision of inspectors (JG3)
· Able to understand the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices within a particular discipline
· Able to understand and interpret the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices within a particular discipline
· Able to interface with other disciplines at the various stages.
· Able to identify MATERIALS that are sub-standard and that do not meet the requirements of the job specification (rogue and counterfeit items).
· Able to review and interpret quality records and determine associated compliance with requirements (Performance data, test record, inspection record, MTR and other quality data and documents)
· Familiar with regulatory requirement (DOT, USCG, NMA, CSA, and etc) and classification rule (ABS, LR, DNV, BV and etc)
· Have knowledge of calibration of equipment and measuring requirements
· Familiar with Equipment Preservation Requirements and its position in the integrated preservation process. This includes preservation and safe shipment of products/ materials. Familiar with Shell requirements for heavy lifting, road transportation and dropped objects.
· Have knowledge of the basics for planning and scheduling.
· Have knowledge of basic troubleshooting.
· Have knowledge and experience with gage control, calibration and gagging requirements and techniques.
· Able to review and understand planning techniques such as material control, shop order routings, process control plans, rework and refurbishing techniques and processes.
· Able to review and interpret technical requirements in contracts/purchase orders.
· Have knowledge of base metal, especially, exotic material.
· Understand and able to use surface preparation inspection instruments
· Understand liquid applied coating and curing mechanism
_ • Have knowledge of surface preparation equipment and various application methods.
· Understand coating failures
· Have knowledge of linings and special coating systems and fusion-bonded epoxy coating
· Have knowledge of hot-dip galvanizing
· Able to perform coating survey / evaluations
· Have advanced knowledge of surface preparation, coating and inspection criteria of special substrates
· Have knowledge of spray metalizing
· Have knowledge of fire proofing application.
· Have knowledge of type of insulation and its application.
· Must be organized and able to multi-task.
· Self disciplined and self motivated.
· Strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well with people at all levels of the Project / Site construction organization
· Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
· corrective and preventative actions and determination if these actions were effective.
· Should be able to use computer and programs (email, word processing and spreadsheets as a minimum) for general business applications.
· Written and oral communication skills with both individuals and groups.
· Read, write and speak fluent English.
· Exhibit a courteous and professional attitude towards Shell Project Group and vendors / contractors showing enthusiasm and dedication.
· Practice a conscientious teamwork effort towards the functions of the company.
· Experience working in difficult locations and with diverse construction personnel (remote, foreign, arctic, etc.).
· Flexible work hours with weekend work required.
· Willing to travel occasionally both in and out of town if required.
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
· Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.