We’re one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to getting results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Flare and Relief Specialist located in Houston, Texas through March 15, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron's Energy Technology Company provides subject matter expertise to company and joint venture operations around the world. The Design and Technical Safety Unit, Flare and Relief Design team of ETC is seeking a qualified Relief Systems Specialist to provide support to existing assets as well as to over $10 Billion of capital projects, including offshore structures, production facilities, and pipelines.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support to all Chevron Operating Companies (OPCO's)
• Independently establish his/her credibility and serve OPCO's business needs in a consulting role in the area of overpressure protection which includes relief devices, instrumentation, relief discharge systems and flare burners.
• Assist OPCO project management teams with concept development, scoping, field startup, trouble shooting, and failure analysis.
• Maintain steady contacts with ETC subject matter experts (SME's) and develop an active connection between the OPCO project management and ETC SME's.
• May assist in development and delivery of flare system training.
• May participate in technical networks, works collaboratively with peers and customers, and contributes to organizational capability by documenting and filing work product.
• Some travel (approximately 5%-20%) is required.
• Minimum requirement Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• 5 years of experience in designing relief systems for refining applications, gas plants, and/or offshore production facilities.
• Knowledge of internationally recognized Pressure Relief System Codes and Standards.
• Basic knowledge of mechanical / process design considerations for relief systems and related safety issues.
• Working knowledge of the following software packages: ProII, Hysys, Visual Flare, Flare Net, Pipephase, or Flare Sim.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain trusted customer relationships
• Ability to lead small to moderate size teams including project contractor teams.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally in response to customer needs, sometimes on short notice is required.
• Master of Science degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Chevron Engineering Standards (CES) overpressure specifications.
• A working knowledge of iPRSM and PSPPM would be a plus.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston