With operations in more than 20 countries, Nabors is one of the world's largest oil and gas drilling contractors. Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
Reporting to the Performance Drilling Manager, the Performance Drilling Specialist will participate in training experiences, learn new skills, and demonstrate an increasing proficiency and expertise with all drilling functions at the well site. PDS will contribute to the training of rig personnel in all aspects of Performance Drilling Products and Best Practices associated with those products.
• Responsible for Nabors Drilling Solutions Field Operations at the well site by representing NDS in a positive and professional manner.
• Ensuring all applicable rig personnel are trained in Performance Drilling Products and that they remain competent in knowledge base of those products.
• Responsible for staying current in changes being implemented for all Performance Drilling Products.
• Responsible for keeping Rig competent by either re-training personnel or training new personnel
• Report to support staff ensuring Operations management is kept informed of any potential problems.
• Ensuring safety policy is followed and enforced.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two years of drilling experience
• 5 Years drilling experience on an A/C drilling rig
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to influence and interact effectively with diverse and conflicting internal and external priorities
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Detail oriented with a structured approach to process and documentation
• Foster and maintain a professional attitude and teamwork concept among all staff within all areas of the organization
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, after hours, and maintain an on-call status.
• Strong mechanical background.
• Work conditions may include travel to and from other Nabors facilities.