NES Global Talent is an award winning manpower specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining and IT sectors worldwide. We provide guaranteed staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of over 650 staff. It’s people that deliver projects and with over 48 offices in 28 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia and the Middle East, we have access to the best talent wherever it may be in the world. NES Global Talent can offer a full range of staffing solutions: Contract, Permanent (Direct) Hire, Managed Solutions, or a fully outsourced service. These services are complemented by an industry leading support service and mobility package to ensure clients keep hold of the top talent in a compliant manner for as long as they need it.
Working with an oil and gas operator who are on the lookout for a Materials Buyer in their operations team in Central Perth. This will be a long term contract working Monday to Friday.
Position Primary Objective
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications & Licenses
Critical Skills and Capabilities
· SAP skills (MM module) and an awareness of functions of the AP and PM Modules)
· Thorough understanding of Sourcing and Procurement processes
· Understanding of local content requirements in the contracting, sourcing and procurement processes
Key Experience Requirements
· 3 to 5 years Procurement experience, preferably in an Oil and Gas industry operational environment
· Good understanding of Inventory, cataloguing, quality control, logistics and warehousing principles
· Experience in contract formulation activities, systems and processes
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Provide procurement support to Operations in relation to purchasing of inventory and other miscellaneous minor procurement items (through SAP) in a timely
manner as assigned with supervision and support from the Business Support Manager and Senior Material Controller.
· Responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects relevant to the preparation, issue, maintenance, expediting and closeout of Purchase Orders
· Interaction with freight forwarder and warehouse staff to ensure the appropriate freight and receiving outcomes.
Key Technical Deliverables
· Source local and international suppliers for materials and inventory items
· Ensure Australian Industry Participation objectives are being considered and implemented in all procurement activities
· Prepare Request For Quotations (RFQ's) and evaluate responses
· Negotiate with suppliers on all matters relating to terms and conditions, improved pricing of quotes received and delivery options that may be more economic and
· Coordinate on contractual, commercial, taxation, insurance, HSES and legal issues with relevant internal stakeholders
· Resolve technical queries with Operations Maintenance group
· Raise Purchase Orders (POs) and resolve queries as require