Petroplan is the global recruitment specialist for employers and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore further, seeking the very best contract and permanent recruitment opportunities across the world. Hence we consider ourselves to be the Energy Talent Explorers. We bring over 40 years’? experience in sourcing professionals to deliver the industry’s projects and operations. We have specialist discipline knowledge for the people who are responsible for Drilling and Well Engineering, Project Management, Subsurface, Subsea and Marine, HSEQ, Discipline Engineering and Construction/Operations. Our understanding does not stop there – Petroplan also recruits and mobilises business service and operational experts for Supply Chain, IT, Finance, HR, Sales and Manufacturing opportunities. Access to this breadth of roles and candidates makes us very good at what we do.
- Design and develop a framework through which the Fund can participate in the development of the local community in areas such youth empowerment initiatives, learning and education, health & sports, arts and culture and environment.
- Identify risks or opportunities and introduce the appropriate organizational decision makers.
- Detecting emerging issues, understanding their potential importance to the company.
- Actively engage with stakeholders (government agencies, ministries, local non-governmental organizations to seek projects ideas and ensure a wider benefit and reach of the CSR projects.
- Lead the annual plan for community engagement, including raising awareness about the Fund and development of engagement of volunteers from member companies to support CSR initiatives in the focus support areas such as youth empowerment initiatives, learning and education, health & sports, arts and culture and environment.
- Receive requests relevant to Social Investment and evaluate them against the policy and follow up regularly on projects conducted and ensure that the projects are meeting the set objectives.
- Lead on moving the Fund toward compliance. Ensuring projects are features prominently in fund's external and internal communications to build reputational capital and engagement.
- Design strategies to maximise the opportunities to engage member companies in volunteering opportunities with national level partners agencies through initiatives in the areas of youth empowerment initiatives, learning and education, health & sports, arts and culture and environment.
- Oversee the development of a robust CSR strategy.
- Manage the annual budget cycle, forecasting and key social performance contracts.
- Deploy social performance resources according to project requirements and provide input into project planning
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- A Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Social Sciences ,communication, Arts, or equivalent
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in handling corporate social responsibility in a reputed organization. Minimum 6 years in similar role.
- Understanding of key human rights issues associated with large infrastructure construction programmes as well as standards on Human Rights (as they pertain to the energy sector).
- Knowledge of the interaction between project activities and social impacts (including host country development, local and regional livelihoods, economic displacement, community safety and in-migration).
- Technical skills in baseline acquisition and management planning. Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive customer service focused attitude with the ability to infuse stellar internal and external customer service.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data as well as maintain accurate data reports
- Experience actively building and maintaining strong relationships with business professionals and organizations
- Proven ability to manage complex matters in a transparent and inclusive fashion
- Ability to identify and select appropriate delivery mechanisms for social investment (i.e. project execution, partnerships, outsourcing, leveraging third party finance etc.).
- Ability to develop and implement strategies (including key stakeholder engagement) to secure the desired project outcomes and support objectives.
- Build and maintain a network of local stakeholders and informed parties.
- Ability to manage external consultants / advisors (as appropriate) to support key deliverables and build capacity.
- Awareness and sensitivity to diverse cultures.