Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. With around 93,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories, Shell helps to meet the world's growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
We need a talented engineer to support the Assets and Global Process Lead in delivering competitive performance in asset management processes for Upstream and Integrated Gas (IG) businesses.
What's the role?
The Plan and Manage Assets (PMA) Processes enable the asset to achieve their strategic intent to maximize production and cash flow meanwhile reducing HSSE exposure, reduce production deferment, improve availability and reduce costs. The PMA Excellence Lead will work with a team of Global Change Managers in various businesses with a proven ability to provide support to the assets in the implementation of the Plan and Manage Asset Management System (AMS): Standards, Manuals, and Recommended Practices.
You can expect to interface with other Upstream and IG processes, requiring many crucial but indirect connections and relationships with Planning & Production / Forecasting teams in the businesses as well as with Development, HSSE, Operations, Maintenance, Projects & Engineering, Contract & Procurement, Finance and many other functions.
The role requires 60% global travel to various Shell Assets.
More specific duties include:
Where you fit in
The role will join the Production Support and Excellence (PS&E) team in any of Shell's Upstream Hubs. As part of the PMA team, the role will lead the strategic transformation efforts to implement end-to-end process covering Integrated Asset Lifecycle Planning including Strategic Asset Management Plans (SAMP) and Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling (IAPS) to drive value through improvement of production and cost performance.
Our asset centric approach makes us trusted business partners who demonstrate care and respect and our team of diverse technical experts are catalysts for change management. Successful candidates should therefore be engaged, externally focused, curious learners, nimble enablers, commercially minded and empowered to effect change.
What we need from you
• Applicants must have significant experience in an Asset Management or Production Operations role in Operating Units and in diverse operating environments across the Upstream / IG businesses.
• Expertise in Production, Development, Business planning disciplines with proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams in the Upstream / IG businesses
• Deep experience and execution of Plan & Manage Asset Processes (Execute Strategic Asset Management Plan, Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling processes.)
• Understanding of the relevant IT Application Portfolio and Databases.
• Experience in business improvement areas such as business analysis, process (re)design, Lean or Six Sigma is preferred.
• Strategic Partnering
• End to End Process Management Principles
• Drive and experience in building teams, developing talent, effecting change in an organization and building competence and capability.
• Mastery of stakeholder management