Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. Fircroft currently has over 10,000 contractors placed in roles around the world and, as well as contractor recruitment, we also fill permanent job vacancies across our key sectors; Oil & Gas, Automotive, Petrochemical & Chemical, Power, Nuclear & Renewables, Mining & Minerals, ICT and Infrastructure & Construction. With global contracts with the world’s largest technical engineering companies, Fircroft will find you a role that supports your professional life, builds on your skills and fulfils your potential, within a work culture that suits you.
The Construction Representative assists the Construction staff in evaluating and implementing pipeline or facilities projects relating to new construction. The focus of the position is to participate in determining contracting strategy, developing contractor bid invitations, selecting contractors, and monitoring progress during construction.
* Assists with the coordination of planning and construction of pipelines and facilities by working closely with Facility Engineers, right of way, gas representatives, and appropriate field office personnel.
* Assists Construction staff in- analyzing and preparing for construction activities, preparation of construction bid packages, including work scopes, drawings, pricing structures, and detailed standards and practices.
* Advises and supports management in the status of construction.
* Attends meetings and conferences and researches, as necessary, to keep informed of technical developments.
* Apply skills and concepts to ensure data integrity, data reliability, and data accessibility throughout the group.
* Responsible for organizing and updating construction information as data is received.
* Compiling data, communicating, and providing information to construction staff.
* Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of available data applicable to business requirements.
* All duties are to be performed in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
* Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
* Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications.
* Must be able to manage many tasks simultaneously and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be regarded as a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 10+ years of construction experience
* Proficiency in MS office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
* Knowledge of writing work permits
* Able to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines; must be self-motivated
* Able to multi-task, anticipate needs and follow through on assigned tasks
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are crucial
* Able to problem solve and use good judgment in making sound decisions quickly
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Math, Science or a related field
Notes from manager:
* Per Diem- $145 per day and $145 for their truck. A truck will not be provided from the client. Easier when the worker has their own trailer when traveling.
* 10 other people working in the team
* 4- year contract, temporary position
* Tracking the progress of each project, coordinating activities with different contractors, and ordering materials
* Worker will travel in the Permian area
* Work schedule- 14/14