Wood Group designs, modifies, constructs and operates industrial facilities mainly for the oil & gas sector, right across the asset lifecycle.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for a Lead Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Monitors and records the production of gas, oil, and water from computer and meter readings
• Performs regulatory inspections which involve tasks such as: testing safety devices high and low pressures; checking fluid levels in the separator, tank, and other parts of the vessel; inspecting wellheads for leaks and deficiencies, and recording data on r required forms for computer input
• Performs visual inspections by walking around facility and equipment to check for pollution, leaks, temperature variances, and mechanical problems; making appropriate repairs and adjustments
• Inputs data from recorded levels and pressures in the computer for daily or periodic reporting
• Performs minor mechanical and equipment repairs as required on items such as pumps and valves
• Cleans equipment and work area to keep them free of oil, trash, and other debris or filth
• Performs mandated inspections on safety and fire extinguishing equipment by checking the general condition and gauge pressures
• Runs and pulls pigs according to an established schedule, inserting and removing the pig from the trap either by hand or using a hoist
• Responsible for making daily operational decisions of a complex nature
• Additional duties as required
• 5-10 years of experience required in oil and gas production
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 10+ years' experience in oil and gas production preferred.