Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. Fircroft currently has over 10,000 contractors placed in roles around the world and, as well as contractor recruitment, we also fill permanent job vacancies across our key sectors; Oil & Gas, Automotive, Petrochemical & Chemical, Power, Nuclear & Renewables, Mining & Minerals, ICT and Infrastructure & Construction. With global contracts with the world’s largest technical engineering companies, Fircroft will find you a role that supports your professional life, builds on your skills and fulfils your potential, within a work culture that suits you.
HR Candidates must have a good amount of QLS experience as well as excel (v-lookups will be frequent).
Provides administrative support for all land transactions and activities. Prepares lease and royalty paperwork, maintains records of land use and land activity, and performs other support assignments as necessary. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor.
This position requires a self-starter who is able to work independently with good decision-making skills while gathering and analyzing complex data from a wide range of sources. The source of data includes but is not limited to leases, contracts, title opinions, division orders and other such related documents. Strong attention to detail and knowledge of Onshore land activities is required.
The position requires someone knowledgeable about the upstream energy business who regularly acquires knowledge of industry practices, trends, regulations, laws, rulings as they pertain to our core business activities. This position requires someone skilled in all facets of ownership including various interaction levels with internal and external business partners.
This person in this role must possess strong analytical skills, computer skills and advanced knowledge about the use of core computer applications along with related applications, including GIS, that support our business effort. The ability to interact with the upstream organization using excellent interpersonal skills, while being aligned to company goals and objectives, and embracing client Values is also required.
ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Work closely with Team Lead on land deliverables
* Timely process incoming ballot proposals on non-operated wells. Identify relevant leases & contracts, calculate WI and NRI, reconcile with existing wells, contact Operator for title opinions and other data, monitor due dates and respond to ballots with the required time limits.
* Work closely with counterparts such as Land, Accounting and contractors to reconcile interest in non-operated wells. This may include coordinating updates to revenue and gross working interests.
* Maintain Lease Database, Land-Well Database and ARC GIS with updated information, such as lease updates and incoming Non-Operated well information.
* Support and respond timely to Land colleagues and Business Development by making available ownership and acreage information. This may include preparation of Exhibits, Assignments and Arc Maps.
* Monitor and communicate Lease Expirations and Extensions for recommendations. Prepare appropriate documentation, such as Lease Extension and/or Release of Lease as required or requested.
* Field and route telephone and written questions on variety of land and non-land related matters to appropriate party for resolution. This may include, but not limited to, questions from mineral owners, working interest owners or brokers, regarding lease inquiries etc.
* Must be familiar with applicable federal and state regulations, in addition to understanding formats of various legal descriptions to analyze spacing and unit map information.
* Reconcile and provide monthly bank ledger information for various land related checking accounts.
* Clearly and effectively communicate with both internal and external business partners as well as property owners to obtain needed information and/or documents or to convey information.
* Adhere to internal document management process to ensure pertinent correspondence, instruments, records, and all other data are filed, imaged and indexed appropriately for retrieval and analysis.
* Alignment with company needs to monitor and measure business activities and to continuously improve business processes.
* Contribute to and support LEAN practices in all aspects of role as the Company moves toward a distinctive LEAN culture which is a foundation block for BPEI in 2020.
* Strong knowledge of land including:
o Lease, royalty and joint interest partner concepts
o Laws and regulatory provisions related to oil and gas extraction
o Contract administration
* Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
* Advanced computer skills; specifically, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MS Access, SAP or Quorum Land Systems is a plus
* Achieving Expectations- Establishes criteria or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, or service; dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected; works to overcome obstacles.
* Adaptability - Is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and ambiguity; focuses on the positive aspects of change; speaks positively of the change to others.
* Customer Service - Extends a high level of professionalism, courtesy and friendliness to customers; is responsive to customer requests and ensures customer satisfaction.
* Business Partner - Effectively meets client needs, builds rapport and a cooperative relationship with clients, and follows up with clients, shares information with clients to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
* Collaboration - Proactively shares knowledge and resources for the greater good, establishes good interpersonal relationships with co-workers by being approachable and available to assist colleagues when needed.
* Communication - Presents ideas effectively in one-on-one or group situations, expresses ideas clearly and effectively in writing.
* Innovation - Questions the status quo. Is open to alternative ways of viewing or defining problems, targets important areas for innovation and develops solutions that add value.
* Resiliency/Self-Management - Maintains a positive outlook, even when faced with difficult situations, maintains performance standards under pressure and/or tight deadlines, shows enthusiasm about the Company and what we do, takes initiative for own development; seeks opportunities to learn something new.
* Minimum of 5 years of oil and gas experience is desirable, in one of the following: Land Tech or Land Analyst.
* Excellent Communication, multitasking and time management skills
* Experience with oil and gas lease software and ArcGIS is preferred.
* Bachelor's degree preferable or commensurate experience. Certifications or degrees in the following are also a plus: Law, Petroleum Land Management.