We’re one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to getting results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Job has overall responsibility from growing Chevron's market share in the oil & gas, fixed plant, and off-highway segments throughout the US with a strict focus on acquiring new customers. The Business Development Specialist will specifically participate in the sales process as follows.
• Work with Inside Sales Reps in lead prioritization.
• Review sales projections based on lead development and build it into the business plans.
• Manage an active sales pipeline of high priority opportunities.
• Conduct Initial face to face contact.
• Establish credibility by emphasizing value generated by Chevron.
Needs & Solutions
• Identify key lubricant, coolant and service issues and other relevant prospect needs.
• Estimate opportunity with cost benefit analysis using value based selling tools.
• Conduct research and evaluate potential product options and select the right products and services based on the customer's needs.
• Leverage inside sales for support on presentations.
• Negotiate offer details, present offer, close the sale, and revise proposal, pricing and contract, as needed.
• Work seamlessly with Business Consultants to establish dual relationship with the customer to enable a smooth handoff into the activate and transition phase that the Business Consultant will own.
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• At least 3 years of sales experience
• Fluent in all phases of the sales process
• Knowledge in using and managing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
• Strong business acumen
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to differentiate support levels based on customer needs
• Ability to build relationships within all levels of customer's organization
• Ability to leverage the organization to pull in additional resources where necessary
• Lubricants knowledge
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.