The first well, Dukhan 1, was drilled in 1939. Development continued after World War II and in 1949 the first crude exports occurred and the first offshore concessions were granted. In 1960, the Idd Al-Shargi and Maydan Mahzam fields were discovered. The largest offshore field, Bul Hanine, was discovered in 1970 and came onstream in 1972. Qatar Petroleum was created in 1974.
PROJECT ENG SPECIALIST
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible for leading and providing an independent and objective assessment and recommendation of future PEPS projects / commitments. Provides confidence and assurance that projects will deliver to their sanctioned business objectives in line with QP business strategies, projects delivery aspects which should be adequately addressed, and risk are satisfactorily managed where the project’s integrate suite of deliverables are accurate and complete enough to enable an informed decision to be made on whether projects should proceed.
1. Degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University; higher degree would be advantageous.
2. Membership in a recognized professional project management association/institution would be an advantage.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of (15-20) years relevant experience in engineering, project & portfolio management and execution of oil & gas projects.
- Have worked as a project manager in Oil&Gas (EPC)
- Have led/participated/coordinated a project assurance review
- Worked in international oil companies
- Experience managing teams in a project portfolio environment in resource/petrochemical industry as the client/owner.
- Familiarity with industry practices of stage gate reviews and independent assurance.
- Experience in coordination with various discipline Engineers and project practitioners during feasibility and concept optimization studies, FEED and EPIC.
- Experience in implementation of international best practices in project management.