1. Communicate with Rig Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Personnel and Rig Managers regarding equipment failures and facilitate the repairs while evaluating and recommending preventive measures to prevent future failures.
2. Perform role of primary focal point contact for the UMA/CAN rigs in all technical and maintenance issues related to Controls and DP systems.
3. Review relevant Maintenance and Equipment Standards produced by Corporate Maintenance group - identify best practices and provide feedback to Operations, other Field Support groups, and Corporate Maintenance group.
4. Utilise the Company's dedicated tracking system to record issues and activity as necessary.
5. Conduct investigations and liaise with SMEs and Investigators on providing information and input to lateral learning.
6. Review downtime events to recommend proactive solutions for reduction.
7. Participate in promoting the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts and identify condition-monitoring techniques for use in Operations.
8. Promote the use of trend-based analysis techniques.
9. Review monthly Maintenance reports and provide good quality feedback and direction to Operations.
10. Participate as required in Hardware Assessments in conjunction with Corporate Maintenance Assessment group. Provide good quality recommendations as a result of audit findings.
11. Participate in technical field support initiatives and studies.
12. Participate in managing Division's spare assets and ensure they are prepared and ready for use. Liaise with worldwide Major Spares Programme as appropriate. Provide guidance on suitable critical spares inventory for rigs.
13. Build relationships with manufacturers and suppliers and participate in facility, workshop, and service quality audits and Final Acceptance Testing as necessary.
14. Utilise available vendor resources and communicate accordingly to resolve equipment issues and problems in a proactive manner.
15. Participate in the evaluation of Equipment Failure Reports with other members of the Field Support group.
16. Promote technical exchanges and information with other field support groups to develop a "one field support" team.
17. Participate in training initiatives, technical training courses and maintenance seminars held in the Region - identify technical training courses for rig personnel development.
18. Communicate field support activities with rigs and suppliers.
19. Maintain working knowledge of certifying authority, coastal state and industry regulations and legislation - advise rigs and shore based management on the best course of action within the regulatory restrictions.
20. Work with rig based maintenance personnel to advocate compliance to industry and Transocean standards.
21. Be involved in the QA/QC of Controls and DP equipment installations during shipyards & RTO acceptance.
22. Ensure that Safety and Environmental focus within Position sphere of influence is in line with the company Core Values and Mission.
23. Review and comment on any RMRs and provide guidance on preparation of specifications and requisition details as appropriate.
24. Provide coaching and guidance to Maintenance Supervisors on their role.
25. Provide Technical assistance during Emergency Events.
26. Develop and support audit processes for integrity assurance.
EXPERIENCE: 5 to 10 years as an Electronic Technician and Maintenance Supervisor or industry experience in the area of related equipment and systems.
SKILLS: Good communication skills required for communicating with internal customers and external vendors. Proficient in utililisation of main software programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint plus principal programmes for support of Asset Management; Maintenance Program, Gateway and APT.
Proficiency and advanced level in the following:
Understanding computer Programming including PLCs, board level processors and languages used for big data analysis. Understand "Cloud Computing". Understand web page programs and use.
Familiar with modern analytical and display software including MatLab, SKM, Xviewer etc.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Personnel management skill to evaluate and recommend personnel for assignment to rigs as Electricians and Maintenance Supervisors. Ability to mentor Maintenance Supervisors in key skills related to their position. Interdisciplinary background in all areas associated with Drilling Rig Equipment.
Understand the complete Offshore Drilling Process.