Petroplan is the global recruitment specialist for employers and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore further, seeking the very best contract and permanent recruitment opportunities across the world. Hence we consider ourselves to be the Energy Talent Explorers. We bring over 40 years’? experience in sourcing professionals to deliver the industry’s projects and operations. We have specialist discipline knowledge for the people who are responsible for Drilling and Well Engineering, Project Management, Subsurface, Subsea and Marine, HSEQ, Discipline Engineering and Construction/Operations. Our understanding does not stop there – Petroplan also recruits and mobilises business service and operational experts for Supply Chain, IT, Finance, HR, Sales and Manufacturing opportunities. Access to this breadth of roles and candidates makes us very good at what we do.
Petroplan is seeking Field Project Lead/Construction Lead candidates to support ongoing project work (pipelines) in Watkins, Colorado. This opportunity is site-based with an estimated contract length of 6-months.
* Leads the safety effort to ensure all excavation work in and around pipelines is performed as per established procedures to protect the health, safety and well being of personnel's involved in the work.
* Provides onsite coordination of the work activities, including but not limited to: facility construction, pipeline construction, and location & road construction, in an assigned geographical area.
* Has knowledge and experience in underground line locating and mapping of underground utilities.
* Ensures pipeline maps are maintained and are readily available.
* Ensures the implementation of safety & environmental procedures and in compliance with regulations and policies.
* Ensures work is performed in compliance with safety policies/procedures as well as all applicable environmental and regulatory requirements.
* Coordinates with Projects, Engineering, Operations, Planning and Scheduling, and vendors to achieve established objectives and minimizes interruptions to operations.
* Completes all required documentation and reporting activities.
* Assesses construction activities and identifies high-risk activities to prioritize time on-site.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Typically 7-10 years of experience.
* Requires a strong understanding of excavation.
* Able to apply knowledge and experience to complex problems and develop recommendations.
* Makes decisions within broad parameters.
* Decisions are guided by policies/procedures/business plans.