A tradition of excellence and innovation Schlumberger is the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Senior Automation Engineer/System Integration Engineer
Location: Clamart - France
The Senior Automation Engineer/System Integration Engineer identifies opportunities and supports the introduction and use of new technologies and automation to bring greater efficiencies, lower costs, better quality, and safety to all manufacturing and technology centers.
The candidate will introduce new manufacturing methods and automated equipment for complex electro-mechanical assemblies. He has knowledge of manufacturing technologies, and understands the architecture, specification, hardware design of motion control systems including servo and industrial drives.
Past automation experience in electro-mechanical assemblies in high mix, low volume industries is considered highly valuable.
The position reports to the Manufacturing Modernization Manager for downhole equipment in Clamart - France.
Successful Automation / Robotics Engineers have experience with a wide variety of automation components including motors, drives, sensors and vision systems. They are mechanically inclined, have strong problem-solving skills and understand automated systems, assembly lines realization, industrial robots, 2D/3D computer vision, machine learning, perception and sensing for robot guidance. They also have experience with selection, configuration, software development, and controls of automation including HMI's, PLC, PC and embedded control systems. They understand DCS, SCADA, and automation communication networks and protocols.
They are self-motivated, can work independently with little direction, and have factory floor troubleshooting experience. With effective interpersonal and communication skills they can elicit cooperation from upper management, manufacturing sites, external experts, suppliers, and customers. They work well in a team environment, can meet deadlines, and are willing to travel internationally.
Position is based in Paris area in France. French nationals candidates or candidates with valid residence and legally eligible to work in France as per the applicable law should apply.
• Analyzes, monitors or measures manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, and improve quality.
• Conducts studies to determine feasibility, cost or performance benefits of new automation equipment.
• Manages and co-ordinates project tasks with individual manufacturing and technology centers, and third-party integration and automation solution providers.
• Manages individual project budgets and schedules, and reports progress.
• Ensures contractors work in accordance with project requirements.
• Provides design input based on manufacturability for the automation of industrial tasks.
• Assists with machine testing and debugs design solutions.
• Develops best practices and standardization in automation and robotics.
• Keeps current with all safety codes including NFPA, SME, and NEC.
• Bachelor's degree in mechatronics, industrial, mechanical, manufacturing, or electrical engineering, or computer science. Master's or Ph.D. degree/s preferred.
• Minimum five years' experience in implementing factory automation preferably in aeronautic industry.
• Project management skills with professional certification a plus.