Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With approximately 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Uses cementing knowledge and experience to develop the cementing job design to meet customer requirements, including preliminary job calculations, running computer simulations, designing fluid systems, submitting lab test requests and reviewing and approving test results, performing risk assessments, verifying the design meets regulatory requirements, and providing cost estimates for the planned operation.
- Provides operational expertise including operational instructions and identifying the resources required to perform the job. Independently performs post job analysis, provides recommendations for improvement, implements agreed improvements for subsequent jobs, shares learning with the Cementing Team and advertises successes by writing, publishing and presenting case histories and industry papers (for example SPE).
- Develops and maintains personal relationships with the technical customer base in designated area to effectively sell tailored cement solutions.
- Collaborating with customer office based drilling and / or production engineers, uses cementing knowledge to tailor solutions to meet their requirements and Halliburton's commercial expectations, considering both the price of the solution to the customer as well as the total cost to Halliburton to deliver it.
- Sells new technology and processes identified in the location's customer specific performance optimization plans (POP).
- Provides technical support at the well site as required by the customer or PSL.
- This involves verifying the job design using the final job input parameters and the engineering tools originally used to design the job.
- Consults with the PSL Team regarding equipment needs and specifications and verifies all resources required for the cementing operation are available and meet local regulatory requirements.
- Provides chemical and casing equipment forecasts in sufficient time for deliveries to meet forecasted job dates while helping to maintain inventory targets (inventory levels, turn rates, slow moving, excess etc).
- Performs assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering and commercial principles.
- Mentors junior members of the Cementing Team. Works independently and may provide work direction to others at site.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline required.
- Requires a minimum of 12 months experience learning cementing operations, job design and technical solutions.