With operations in more than 20 countries, Nabors is one of the world's largest oil and gas drilling contractors. Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
This position requires the employee to understand facts, concepts, theories, procedures, and relationships between TT components.
• The Casing Torque Turn Technician (TSTII) will require close supervision for the first few months on the job or until confident to fulfill duties on their own.
• This position requires the employee to understand facts, concepts, theories, procedures, and relationships between TT components.
• The Casing Torque Turn Technician (TSTII) should also understand information that has been analyzed after a job is complete as understanding data is critical.
• Responsibilities are to identify and communicate with the shop lead hand for the proper placement of the torque turn system and proper operating procedures with the torque sub, transmitter, receiver, and the Laversub/Attex.
• Check pipe and get all pipe specs and torques from customer representative.
• Enter necessary job information into laptop for all specs.
• Consults with customer representative for all job information and invoices.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Required to have a current and valid driver's license
• Required to reside within a one (1) hour drive of this location
• Required to have reliable transportation to get to work on time every day
• Required to be able to work in remote locations
• Required to work all shifts and days of the week
• Previous oilfield experience preferred
• Previous casing running experience preferred
• Mechanically inclined, hydraulic/electrical
Essential Skills / Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Safety and service oriented
• Team player
• Positive attitude
• Good problem solving skills
• Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than
• 90% of the time
• Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time
• Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time
• Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted