Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. With around 93,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories, Shell helps to meet the world's growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
In Production Support and Excellence, we support Upstream (UP) and Integrated Gas (IG) assets in their drive for excellence and to safely deliver their Fit for the Future aspirations. Reporting to the Global Process Owner (GPO) Reliability and Integrity Assurance, the Reliability Excellence Lead plays a critical role.
The Reliability Excellence Lead is expected to drive Reliability and Integrity Assurance within their region by focusing on process and technical implementation support. The role works with Reliability Engineers from the other regions in minimizing Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) exposure, reduction of production deferment, and reduction of costs; improving reliability management and integrity assurance - gearing towards achieving Shell's Goal Zero ambition.
Other accountabilities include:
• Reliability Competitive Performance (externally benchmarked) - including unscheduled deferment and process safety for the assets in their region
• Helping our assets by providing support to Mirror, Assist, Sustain
• Generating pull for support from themselves and the Reliability team such that 75% of the work is direct asset support, which will be measured by OU demand
• Driving performance through application of the AMS Standard, Manual and Recommended Practices for Reliability Management and Integrity Assurance
• Providing a high level of support, including coordinating resources, for the Assets within their region, with implementation of the Reliability Management and Integrity Assurance related standards, manuals, and recommended practices through deployment of both process as well as technical and discipline support from the Centre (assist)
• Strong partnership with Discipline Engineering Functions and Technical Authorities in Projects & Technology, to jointly drive integrated performance improvement efforts in reliability and integrity assurance
• Supporting the Enhance Problem Solving Teams (EPST) in their regions
• Driving causal learning in reliability problem solving within the assets in their region
• Leading Reliability networking within their regions including deep collaboration with other Regional Excellence Leads and Process leads
• Skill pool development of the Reliability Engineering community within their regions
Our asset centric approach makes us trusted business partners who demonstrate care and respect and our team of diverse technical experts are catalysts for change management. Successful candidates should therefore be engaged, externally focused, curious, edgy, learners, leveraging diversity, enablers, nimble, commercially minded and empowered.
Strong competency in the following areas is required: