NES Global Talent is an award winning manpower specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining and IT sectors worldwide. We provide guaranteed staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of over 650 staff. It’s people that deliver projects and with over 48 offices in 28 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia and the Middle East, we have access to the best talent wherever it may be in the world. NES Global Talent can offer a full range of staffing solutions: Contract, Permanent (Direct) Hire, Managed Solutions, or a fully outsourced service. These services are complemented by an industry leading support service and mobility package to ensure clients keep hold of the top talent in a compliant manner for as long as they need it.
This is an opportunity to work for the largest LNG producer in the world as a Senior Commercial Analyst as part of the Economic Evaluation and Business Excellence Department. As a Senior Commercial Analyst you will conduct economic analysis to support the different Commercial and Shipping Group departments. This includes the support of the Long term LNG Marketing Sales team for the conclusion of long-term LNG sales; other value-adding business opportunities and development of the company's annual LNG Marketing Strategy.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Perform analyses of new long-term LNG sales opportunities with respect to pricing or any other relevant terms and conditions within assigned area of responsibility and respond with timely and accurate results; validations or recommendations for supervisor review.
2. Monitor assigned markets to support long-term LNG price reviews through management of specialised models and research / review of the relevant public data sources as well as support the validation of price review market studies performed by external consultants.
3. Provide bespoke analyses for the evaluation of other long-term business opportunities in the company's LNG value chain for management consultation and peer review.
4. Analyse long-term market fundamentals including the competitive landscape as a critical input into the development of Boards-required LNG Marketing Strategy and assist the formulation of action proposals with Marketing Long Term Sales.
5. Maintain the assigned area of the Work Plan & Budget set of LNG price and volume assumptions that will be provided to Finance group for the annual Work Plan & Budget revenue projection exercise.
6. Compile briefings intended for COO, CEO and company on industry counterparts.
7. Document and analyse business processes as an input into the development of business systems by external vendors in liaison with them and IT Department.
8. Conduct the prescribed reviews of the section's economic evaluation tools and guidelines to ensure their ongoing accuracy and relevance including documentation of results.
9. Contribute to the review of studies produced within the Commercial Analysis section per the prevailing guidelines to ensure accuracy and robustness of results.
10. Compile economic modelling assumptions and inputs from the responsible functions such as Planning & Allocation; Shipping and Finance. Perform economic analyses (including the development of adhoc models) to support other C&S departments.
• Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Finance or other relevant field
• 8 years professional experience in an analytical or marketing role in the hydrocarbon industry including 2 years in a LNG corporation.
• Robust knowledge of all aspects of economic analysis, controls systems, financial reporting and project management.
• Good understanding of energy markets in general and LNG market fundamentals in particular.
• Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to develop and present formal presentations to internal, external and senior audiences.
• High levels of computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as is the ability to develop, implement and maintain models and information management systems.
• Strong skills in economic modelling, presenting, gas; LNG and wider energy market supply / demand fundamentals.
• Competent in contracting and developing commercial agreements, as well as commercial project management.