NES Global Talent is an award winning manpower specialist that provides candidates across the Oil & Gas, Power, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining and IT sectors worldwide. We provide guaranteed staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline specific team of over 650 staff. It’s people that deliver projects and with over 48 offices in 28 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia, Australia and the Middle East, we have access to the best talent wherever it may be in the world. NES Global Talent can offer a full range of staffing solutions: Contract, Permanent (Direct) Hire, Managed Solutions, or a fully outsourced service. These services are complemented by an industry leading support service and mobility package to ensure clients keep hold of the top talent in a compliant manner for as long as they need it.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Support all analytical work associated with the ~ 60 vessel acquisition effort for the North Field Expansion, existing vessel replacements and other initiatives. To inform and support all vessel acquisition decisions, provide supporting analysis process (model) that provides long-term shipping cost projections for the full Qatari LNG fleet. The analysis must cover variables such as ship size, fuel consumption, trade patterns, synergies across multiple production sources, etc.
2. Provide a wide range of analytical work to the NFE Shipping Team to support operational, commercial and economic decisions related to technology selection, contractual structures, ownership structures, shipping market industry, and various other items associated with the future of the Qatar fleet. Participate in Logistics Simulation modelling to the extent appropriate.
3. Support the economic and analytical work in support of contractual negotiations with shipyards and ship owners, including commercial support and analysis for all tender evaluations.
4. Work with external contractors as necessary to deliver analytical, commercial other support as required.
5. Periodically engage with key personnel major NFE stakeholders including technical staff from the NFE Project team, Operating Company, QP and other shareholders to ensure support of all major factors of the fleet expansion effort.
6. Coordinate initiatives and manage interfaces as required.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering, or Business Administration.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in industry, preferably in the energy sector.
• Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of financial analysis and economic concepts. Strong MS Excel skills are required.
• High degree of flexibility and ability to demonstrate conceptual thinking skills.
• Good written and spoken English skills, strong skills in report writing and presentations.
• Good time management, leadership, developmental and interpersonal skills.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental Standards as they relate to the oil & gas industry and the marine environment.
• Basic knowledge of gas/oil industry bodies, National and International maritime and shipping regulations.