Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty sub sea hardware, deep water intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project.
Duties & Responsibilities
Teamwork & Co-operation
Safe Operating Procedures
• Discuss all aspects of deck operations to include promoting and monitoring the safety of the team
• Demonstrate confidence in making critical decisions that do or may effect operations
• Provide assessor with recent reports concerning safety issues and address what was done to prevent them in our operations
• Initiate and complete Client required documents
• Initiate and complete regulatory required documents
• Initiate and complete company required documentation including Lighthouse applications
• Impart knowledge of all required Client, regulatory and company documentation to crew members
• Provides prompt and accurate reporting in proper formats as required by ROV management.
• Provide instructions to junior crewmembers on hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
• Ability to mobilize and de-mobilize an ROV systems
• Instruct junior crewmembers on intervention techniques and procedures
• Provide advice to Client on selection of intervention tools
• Advise Client on ROV capabilities and limitations
Read additional information concerning the Oil and Gas industry .
Read information concerning Oceaneering's front line business groups with emphasis on ROV's .
R ead and be able to discuss additional reading concerning management, leadership and team effectiveness .
Ensure that safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems .
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Compan y.
E liminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Directly supervises two non-supervisory employees on an ROV system. Manages and delegates workscope and maintenance tasks, and ensures that client's expectations and workscope are met.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily . The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience Proven track record in supervising Offshore ROV Operations in one or more of the following:
Construction Projects (P)
Drill Support (P) Intervention (P)
ROV Systems (E) Magnum, Triton, Eyeball Systems, Triton XL, Troja n , Super Scorpio (P) Intervention Tooling: - TDU (P)
Torque Tools (P)
Injection Skids/Pumps (P)
3 Phase HVAC Distribution Systems (P)
A bility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.