We’re one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to getting results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
• Chevron Oronite is a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of quality chemical additives that improve the performance of fuels and lubricants used in a variety of equipment types. Oronite has 3 world class plants in Gonfreville (France), Belle Chase (LA), and Singapore along with 2 smaller regional plants in Omaezaki (Japan) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
• This position will maintain Oronite's SAP Master Data objects and improve data quality.
• This is a global position which interacts with ALL functions (from Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, Research & Technology and Manufacturing) and ALL locations (from Brazil to France, from China to United States). As such, it is required for this position to have a good understanding of the business model, SAP workings and data master relations in SAP (R3). Manufacturing Data represents a large percentage of the responsibility and coordination with local resources from other departments will be required.
Responsibilities for this position:
• The individual in the Master Data Organization is responsible for creating and updating SAP master data within SLA metrics while maintaining high quality.
• Understanding the design of SAP master data and its impact on business processes
• Understanding the business drivers behind the master data design.
• Coordinates data requirement and information gathering with business resources.
• Develop a sustaining and proactive master data audit process to research, analyze, and correct data inconsistencies.
• Write/run reports/queries as needed.
• Utilize SAP reporting tools to monitor master data accuracy and synchronization across SAP modules and other applications connected to SAP.
• Ensure for data master's due diligence of SOX regulations and compliance documentations are conducted on schedule.
• Ensure data integrity and improvement of master data within SAP in support of the business processes and corporate guidelines.
• Manage Data Request Tracking Tool, including: creating, updating, closing requests and communicating with the business and data owners regarding status of requests and run monthly reports to communicate organizational performance metrics.
• Anticipate, coordinate, and resolve SAP interface errors involved in creating and maintaining SAP to Legacy Systems value mapping tables.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in IT or related field.
- Master Data Management, Business Analysis or Information Systems experience (1-5 years in this position)
- Knowledge of IT ERP solutions including SAP ECC, BW and Ariba.
- Process and requirement development and documentation knowledge
- Demonstrated Data quality management experience: builds reports, monitors, identifies and resolves issues.
- Good understanding of the end to end business model and master data design in ERP systems.
- End to End business process knowledge and experience in these areas: Order to Cash, Plant Maintenance, Procure to Pay, Quality Assurance, Finance.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Excel Skill: Power Query, Power pivot
- Knowledgeable in PowerBi is a Plus
- Skilled in Data Quality Analytics, Data Quality Audits, Master Data Management Techniques, Data Normalization concepts.
- Experience with SAP ECC Modules: MM, PM, PP, QW, APO, Ariba, and data quality tools highly desirable.
- Strong domain knowledge or related business experience in Oronite, Lubricants, or other Chevron manufacturing and supply chain business processes.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Downstream or Chemicals business helpful
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law)
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.
E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)