The first well, Dukhan 1, was drilled in 1939. Development continued after World War II and in 1949 the first crude exports occurred and the first offshore concessions were granted. In 1960, the Idd Al-Shargi and Maydan Mahzam fields were discovered. The largest offshore field, Bul Hanine, was discovered in 1970 and came onstream in 1972. Qatar Petroleum was created in 1974.
Primary Purpose of Job
The primary purpose of the job is to prepare wireline (slickline) intervention programs for wells in the Dukhan field and thereafter supervise the execution of the program to ensure the operations are performed in accordance with QP requirements. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the preparation of tender documents for the slickline service contract, providing input to wireline section's budget and writing operational procedures.
• BSc (3- 4 year) degree from an accredited University is preferred, although in exceptional cases a lower level of education can be accepted with a strong record of success in a similar role.
Experience & Skills
• At least 10 years experience in the supervision of wireline activities
• Experience with H2S operations.
• Fluent in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills)
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Commitment and passion for managing HSE.
• Ability to make operational decisions based on analytical problem solving.
• Must be conversant with various oil industry norms / specifications like API standards on equipment and the practices.