Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. With around 93,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories, Shell helps to meet the world's growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
The Maintenance Manager is the Head of Maintenance for Shell Trinidad & Tobago Limited, and has the accountability and authority to manage a multi-discipline Maintenance Support team for planning, coordinating and execution of maintenance activities to sustain, improve and restore the asset's Technical Integrity and Reliability / Availability. The incumbent interfaces with all functions to ensure delivery of maintenance management in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards to meet business targets.
Assurance of Technical Integrity via Barrier assessment, audits; Reliability improvement; manage the Maintenance Reference Plan and inputs to Turnaround planning. Ensure safe delivery of strategic plans as per Maintenance Reference Plan (MRP), operational activities as per IAPS and day to day tactical maintenance in support of the equipment reliability and production availability. The incumbent shall:
1. Aim to achieve competitive targets as defined by guidelines, MEI KPIs and the Business KPIs.
2. Develop the Site Maintenance team to ensure appropriate skills and knowledge reside at sites to reduce mean time to repair on CMs (corrective maintenance activities) and reduce mean between failures by properly executed PMs (preventive maintenance activities)
3. Promote competence improvement among the entire Maintenance Engineering Discipline - covering mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, inspection, reliability engineering. Critical to successfully achieving this requires the Maintenance Manager to build strong working relationships across Operations, Engineering and Maintenance as well as internal team alignment with Maintenance Excellence Manager and Turnaround Event Manager.
The position is established to develop, drive and direct policies, strategies, procedures, and provide leadership of engineering maintenance and integrity activities within Shell Trinidad & Tobago Limited. The role encompasses governance and coordination of the good maintenance practices. The incumbent leads a multi-discipline team of general and specialist engineering maintenance staff that provide a wide range of professional services.
This position is accountable for ensuring the right maintenance at the right time with the right resources at the right cost.
More accountabilities include:
Other dimensions of this role include collaboration and interfacing. The Maintenance Manager collaborates with:
1. the Maintenance Excellence Manager for the initiation, drive and direction of the development of maintenance philosophies, strategies, guidelines and procedures.
2. the Turnaround Event Manager to perform schedule optimization to minimize production deferment associated with maintenance activities.
3. Collaborates with the Operations Support Team Lead and Operations Team Lead to ensure smooth transition of and seamless ways of working and align priorities of the week. Participates in Regional and Global maintenance network discussions to gain shared learnings and from other Shell assets.