Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. With around 93,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories, Shell helps to meet the world's growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
The Mechanical Integrity Engineer is a key role in our QGC Asset residentially based in Gladstone. In this role within our LNG Plant on Curtis Island you will provide mechanical engineering and integrity support to all aspects of Midstream Production Operations.
Your focused will be on static equipment, piping, valves, firefighting systems, civil structures and marine facilities to ensure all process, utility and associated plants operate safely, efficiently and reliably.
The position is responsible for continuous improvement and innovation of Midstream integrity, inspection and QA/QC processes and tools in the context of the Midstream Journey Plan. This also involves accountability for integrity KPIs, targets, tracking and reporting as well as management of integrity improvement projects.
The position manages the interface between Engineering and Maintenance and provides ad hoc support on Rotating Equipment trouble shooting where possible.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
• Accountable as Technical Authority for Mechanical Integrity Engineering advice in the context of Fit for Purpose assessments, mechanical calculations, trouble shooting, causal learning, Brown Field Projects and Management of Change.
• Manage the engineering interfaces with Maintenance and Operations to drive Care Plan implementation, continuous process alignment and improvement and the Evergreen feedback processes.
• Investigate equipment failures and selection of the required repairs and quality control tests to restore equipment integrity.
• Deliver and improve static integrity, inspection and predictive interventions on line, on the run and during turnarounds.
• Responsible for the (Shell) integrity data management tool eWIMS and provide technical support to plan and manage improvements in inspection data and information management
• Provide Support to Asset team to ensure ongoing integrity of equipment and facilities
• Support to inspection engineers and inspectors for interpretation of inspection findings to guarantee fit for service condition of the equipment.
• Responsible for integrity related QAQC support to relevant asset teams and contractors, including maintenance, turnaround and projects.
• Ensure engineering compliance on QGC plant, equipment & infrastructure.
• Contribute to project reviews and development of inspection, MoC and maintenance procedures.
• Monitor and make recommendations on technology advances in QGC's present operations and future developments regarding integrity and inspection process and intervals.