Wood Group designs, modifies, constructs and operates industrial facilities mainly for the oil & gas sector, right across the asset lifecycle.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an B Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving
• Can operate, monitor, test, and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line
• Can monitor the performance of wells and production, calculate daily rates, well testing, perform some trouble shooting, monitor discharge water produced
• Calculation of gas meter chart volumes in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volumes in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas
• Can perform many of the record keeping requirements by BSEE and USCG on the following: weekly / monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc
• Can operate, test, maintain, repair and record keep most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart
• Ability to operate safety equipment including firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations
• Can operate and maintain most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and little supervision
• Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range
• 1-2 years of experience required in oil and gas production, or accelerated on the job training in lieu of 3 yrs
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 4+ years' experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent