Founded in 1828 Bureau Veritas is an international group leader in the inspection, analysis, audit, and certification of products, infrastructure (buildings, industrial sites, equipment, ships, etc.) and management systems in relation to regulatory or voluntary frameworks.
Bureau Veritas is present in 140 countries through a network of over 800 offices and laboratories. It has more than 47,000 employees and a client base of more than 350,000 companies.
Bureau Veritas ranks as the world's secondlargest group in conformity assessment and certification services in the fields of quality, health and safety, environment, and social responsibility ('QHSE') and the world leader in QHSE services not including raw materials inspection.
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Job Title: Civil Plan Review Engineer
Reviews grading and public improvement site plans, reports and other development and design related documents for compliance with Design Standards and all applicable local, state, and federal codes and guidelines.
• Provide complete grading plan reviews of mass, rough and precise grading and erosion control plans for commercial, industrial and single/multifamily developments for compliance with codes, ordinances, design manuals, soils reports and standards of practice.
• Provide reviews of street and storm drain public improvements associated with minor and major subdivision developments for codes, ordinances, design manuals and standards and accepted standards of practice.
• Review subdivision and final parcel map plans for adherence of compliance with applicable requirements.
• May be required to review public sewer and water improvements.
• Prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into various computer software programs.
• Explain and answer client questions regarding generated plan review letters. May interact directly with clients and their staff.
• Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, contractors or co-workers.
• May be tasked with reviewing / validating construction valuations, calculating fee bonds and agreements.
• Confers with official of government agencies, utility companies, consultants and land developers regarding construction and design regulation and policy issues.
• Investigates complaints, conducts technical studies and prepares reports and recommendations related to civil engineering projects, such as traffic, transportation, capital improvement projects, and other specialized studies.
• Provides technical and professional assistance to staff; reviews plans, specifications, contract documents and other reports and documents to ensure compliance with applicable codes, policies and procedures.
• Principles and practices of engineering planning, design, and construction as applied to public works projects, utility systems, and/or private development projects.
• Principles of land use planning, and CEQA requirements.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal rules, regulations and laws.
• Principles and practices of organizational analysis and management.
Education - A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or a closely related field.
Experience - At least 4 years' experience as a plans examiner/reviewer with a city or county or plan review consulting group.
Registration/Certifications / Skills -
• Registration as a Civil Engineer with California Board of Professional Engineers
• Must have a valid California class C driver's license and safe driving record
• Working knowledge of office computer software - Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, etc.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a team player and able to work well with clients and co-workers
• Must possess problem solving skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop). Knowledge and use of digital cameras and photo media programs required.
• An employee in this position typically works in an office environment, with occasional exposure to outdoor construction sites with full climate exposure.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a desk/ computer station for extended periods of time. Occasional use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!