The first well, Dukhan 1, was drilled in 1939. Development continued after World War II and in 1949 the first crude exports occurred and the first offshore concessions were granted. In 1960, the Idd Al-Shargi and Maydan Mahzam fields were discovered. The largest offshore field, Bul Hanine, was discovered in 1970 and came onstream in 1972. Qatar Petroleum was created in 1974.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ITN - Networks
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (NETWORK INFASTRUCTURE)
Primary Purpose of Job
1. Support day-to-day network hardware and software operation covering routing, switching, wireless, MPLS technologies within core, distribution and access layers.
2. Analyse network performance followed by performing structured troubleshooting processes in support of operation, escalation, and resolution of assigned network operation related incidents reported by Service Helpdesk, and Network Operations Centre.
3. Leveraging sophisticated tools and applications to resolve incidents in a timely manner and ensure a robust and non-disruptive delivery of network services.
4. Support day-to-day network cabling infrastructure operation support as per QP ICT cabling standard.
5. Interact, collaborate with peers, coach, and provide technical support to peers, technicians, and new staff under development programs by publishing technical documentation, hosting regular training or knowledge transfer sessions to update, and improve section staff technical knowledge and expertise.
6. Achieve sustainable and high quality levels of network operation availability and up time.
7. Forecast and develop network capacity report to cater current and future network operation requirement.
8. Forecast, plan and prepare network infrastructure related BOQ and purchase requisitions by conducting meticulous review of network operation requirement to ensure efficient, cost effective, optimum respond and resolution time.
9. Develop and maintain network operation support related documentation, procedures and versioning.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or an equivalent Engineering field.
2. Possess one of the following certifications: CCNP, CCIP, or CCDP3. Higher level certification such as CCIE in Routing/Switching and/or Service Provider is a plus
Experience & Skills
1. A minimum of 5 years of experience in diverse and technically complex environment, preferably related to the service provider industry.
2. Experience with enterprise level routing switching device troubleshooting, installation, configuration, testing, monitoring and maintenance.
3. Strong knowledge of infrastructure routing switching, IP MPLS core technologies and designs.
4. Strong understanding of service providers' technologies and setup.
5. Strong knowledge of techniques used to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and third party personnel.
6. Strong writing skills with the ability to write network operation related reports, technical blueprints, high and low level design documents, standards, processes, procedures, manuals, feasibility studies, and tendering proposals.
7. Strong verbal and communications skills.8. Excellent experience with infrastructure hardware installations and configurations, knowledge of IP convergence systems and services, PTT-grade telecommunication systems, wireless implementation and services, desktop and client end services, emerging infrastructure services, and general industrial-grade technologies and systems.
9. General project management skills including setting up objectives, compiling reports, identifying priorities, and selecting right team members.
10. Knowledge of enterprise and element management systems including system and network administration, performance monitoring, problem management, change management, service-desk methodologies, and asset management.
11. Good knowledge of annual financial budgets compilation and alignment of capital investment with business requirements.
12. Good knowledge of Information Technology industry, Information Technology trends, costs and benefits of different technologies, and the principles of effective information architecture.
13. Established success in installing and configuring a large and complex ICT infrastructure, preferably within the service provider industry; good experience in specific IT project management particularly in the implementation and integration phases of complex tools in heterogeneous office and industrial environments.