We’re one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to getting results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Safely conduct a variety of HTHP QA/QC tests on service partner fluid designs to support ETC drilling operations worldwide
• Develop lab tech competency requirements
• Make necessary adjustments to service partner cement designs to meet project demands
• Evaluate new lab equipment technology
• Understand the budgeting of expenses and equipment capital
• Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on lab equipment to ensure reliable testing and accuracy
• Maintain lab equipment functionality and maintenance program
• Provide technical guidance to cement engineers and lab technologists
• Perform service partner audits
• Periodically communicate with service companies/vendors to order supplies and equipment
• Maintain the labs chemical database
• Work a flexible shift, daytime and evenings, sometimes covering weekends and Holidays
• Assists team leader with Tech Development and API projects as requested.
• Assists in the development, verification and validation of safety programs.
• Performs other duties as requested by management or HES.
• Write/approve lab operating procedures
• Demonstrate competence with testing Cement Thickening Times, UCA Compressive Strengths, Rheologies, Fluid Loss, Free Fluid, Static Gel Strength, Mechanical Properties, Fluid Compatibility, as well as the ability to write specialized testing procedures.